Stockbridge GA
Occupational Tax/Business License

Welcome to Business Services
Effective November 1, 2017
All Permitting, Building Inspections and Plan Review are submitted to and processed by the
City of Stockbridge

contact Ruby Biggers@ 678-833-3314
Building Inspections:
contact Brett Hanes @ 404-273-6960
Building Official:
contact Thomas Marshall @ 678-833-3329
Plan Review:

Thank you for choosing the
City of Stockbridge
for your business!

If you are operating a business within the city limits of Stockbridge, you are re
quired to obtain an Occupational Tax Certificate.

Contact our Occupational Tax Office to verify your location prior to submitting your application at: 770-389-7900.

This also applies to Home Occupations.  All applicants are required to pay a $60 Administrative Fee (at time of initial application) along with an Occupational Tax Fee (if or when application is approved).   All fees are non-refundable.

Occupational Tax Certificates are based on annual gross receipts with the exception of Professional Services. See O.C.G.A. 48-13-9(c) for definition listing.

Please DO NOT START YOUR BUSINESS until you have completed all steps necessary for your license(s). 

Resource Contact Information:

GA Sales Tax ID- GA Dept. of Revenue (404) 968-0480
     Forms- (404) 656-4092
     Registration- (404) 651-8651

Small Business Administration
    Corporations- (404) 656-2817
    Licensing Board- (404) 656-3900

Federal Tax ID - IRS (800) 829-4477
Secretary of State- (404) 656-2881 or
Henry County Fire Department - (770) 288-6637

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. What do I need in order to apply for an Occupational Tax Certificate/Business License?
A. Please bring picture identification. If your business is incorporated, you must have proof of incorporation. You will be asked to complete a New Occupational Tax Application, which includes a request, for an estimate of gross revenue from your business start dates to the end of the year. 
Q. Where do I get my Tax Identification Number?
A.Please contact the Internal Revenue Service at and apply for an Employer Identification Number (EIN) Online.  Obtain your Georgia State Tax ID number from the Georgia Tax Center at
Q. Where can I register a Business Name (Doing Business Name As")?
A. Please contact the Georgia Office of the Secretary of State. 
Q. What is my business tax based on?
A. Your business tax is based upon the estimated gross receipts (For the first year only). Thereafter it is based on your company's actual gross receipts. 
Q. How long does it take to receive my Business License Certificate?
A. Turnaround time varies for each applicant. Several factors that are in involved may prolonged the issuance of your License.

We are honored that you have chosen the City of Stockbridge as your destination to grow your business and we will try to make sure you receive it in a timely manner.

 Occupational Tax Certificates are Renewed Annually

  • Renewal notices are emailed in August and are due by mid-October.
  • Invoices are mailed in November and are due by December 31st.
  • *Alcohol licensed retailers are required to have their licenses renewed on or before November 30th in order to sell on January 1st.

Update Your Email Contact Information here.
Note 2017 Occupational Tax Renewals will be sent electronically. 


Failure to receive correspondence regarding renewal or bill does not relieve obligation to pay occupational tax, penalty and/or interest. A 10% penalty + 1.5% per month interest fee will apply if late.  


If a business needs a reprint of an Occupation Tax Certificate or is changing location to another address (within the city limits), please contact the Occupational Tax office for fees.

**All paperwork must be submitted before scheduling the Fire and Building inspections**

Both inspections must be approved and a Certificate of Occupancy obtained before an Business License Certificate will be issued.

Information regarding the Fire Prevention Policy can be downloaded from this website.


   1.  Complete, sign and date application
   2.  Photo ID (driver’s license) of the owner
   3.  Signed copy of lease agreement or proof of ownership for building
   4.  Copy of Certificate and Articles of Incorporation
   5.  State/Federal license or registration- if required
   6.  Food service permit- if required
   7.  Floor Plan with Square Footage

   1.  Complete, sign and date application
   2.  Photo ID (driver’s license) of the owner - address on driver's
license must match the address you are applying for
   3.  Approval from home owner’s association- if required
   4.  State/Federal license or registration- if required
   5.  Copy of Certificate and Articles of Incorporation

 *Apartment residents must attach a Letter of Consent from the apartment manager on letterhead.*

 *House Renters must attach a notarized Letter of Consent from the property owner.


Some forms may require Notary signatures and MUST be signed in the presence of a Notary with Original Notary Seal affixed.

Thank you for choosing the City of Stockbridge!


Individual Forms


      2018 New Business Listing
      2017 New Business Listing
      Occupational Tax Clerk

      Uneeda Smith-Sellers











      ** Applications must

      be received by 4:30pm



      E-notify RSS Feeds Twitter Facebook 
      Stockbridge City Hall | 4640 North Henry Boulevard Stockbridge, GA 30281
      Phone: (770) 389-7900  |  Fax: (770) 389-7912
      Contact Us  |  Site Map   |  Powered by MunicipalCMS
      SeeClickFix Merle Manders Conference Center Stockbridge TV